Saturday, January 30, 2010

Cookie Dough Freezing

Sorry, I know this picture isn't the greatest but it is what I have.  We have this AWESOME Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe that I got from my friend in town Seantylle.  Problem?  It makes about SEVEN dozen cookie.  Other Problem?  Making cookies is a COMMITMENT with a 2 year old around that loves to help.  (Sometimes it is fun to bake together, other times, not so much depending on both of our moods).  But the real problem is the MESS that making cookies makes.  SOOO, last time I decided to freeze some of the cookie dough so that I could make a dozen at a time as I wanted them.  It worked out great.  The cookies still tasted wonderful.  I baked them for about 1 min longer than they usually bake. 

How to:
1. Bake your chosen cookie dough.
2. Tear off about 18"(?) of wax paper. (size will depend on size of your dough balls and how you arrange them)
3. I placed three dough balls on then rolled the wax paper until they were covered.
4.  Place two dough balls on the next row; one each in the spaces created between the three in the first row.
5. Repeat until one dozen have been placed and wrapped in the wax paper.
6. Wrap the wax paper package in aluminum foil to help prevent freezer burn (that is, if dough can freezer burn I guess).
7. Pull out as cookies are desired.  Place directly on cookie sheets; no need to thaw dough.

I LOVE to do this.  Actually, I love it when I decide I want cookies and realize I don't have to clean up a big mess because I already have dough frozen for making warm, yummy cookies.

1 comment:

  1. My mom used to do this... what I do now is make them into balls and then freeze them. That way if I decide that I just want to make a few cookies after dinner... or just for me and rich we can pull out 4 or 5 at a time. And they unthaw a lot faster. My sister will have all kinds of cookie dough frozen like that so she can make a variety whenever she wants.

    ReplyDelete