Friday, January 29, 2010

Apron String Rosettes

I made this super cute apron for my 2 yr old for Christmas. Problem was, she would always pull the ribbon out of the casing when she would take off the apron.


Solution? I made some cute little rosettes and sewed them onto the insufficient knots.  Problem solved (and some super cutesness added)!

Materials:
2 lengths of ribbon (I used 5/8") cut at 12"
needle
coordinating thread

1. Sew along one edge of the ribbon, stitching at about every 1/4" or so.
2. Pull the ribbon so that it gathers tightly.  Once it is gathered stitch through a couple of the ruffles to secure.  3. Taking the gathered edge in hand, twist ribbon in on itself until you are satisfied with the resulting rosette on the opposite side. 
4.Secure with some more stitching or hot glue.  (I would recommend stitching since the kids pulling on it could stress the hot glue.)  
5. Sew rosette onto knot at the end of apron strings and you are done!


1 comment:

  1. Your daughter is 2 already? And you have a son?!?!

    Those are the cutest apron strings EVER. I'm sure she loves helping you in the kitchen since she gets to wear such a darling apron.

    (Sorry I haven't been in touch lately. This blog is a great idea!)

    ReplyDelete