Friday, January 29, 2010

Home Organization #2 - Diaper Box Toy Box

(As a disclaimer I have to admit that I got the idea for an organizing series from this great site: Crap I've Made; no, I am not kidding, that really is the title, and she does some WONDERFUL crafts)

I didn't have enough room for all of the stuffed animals my daughter has magically acquired in her toy cabinet. (PS -How do kids gets so many of these? I don't think I have bought a single one, yet we don't have enough room for all of them.) After months of seeing them piled in a corner I decided to do something about it.

That is how this little gem was created.


I made this toy box out of a diaper box!  Love it so much I made one to pile my shoes in also since I don't want to spend money on a shoe rack.

Materials:
diaper box (any cardboard box will work)
coordinating scrapbook papers cut into 4" squares (It took me about 5 pieces of 12"x12" paper)
Mod Podge
sponge brush

1. Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to one of your 4" squares of scrapbook paper.  Paste onto diaper box.
2.  Repeat Step 1 until entire outside of box is covered, overlapping in a crazy manner like above to add character.
3. Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge on top of scrapbook papers to seal and add a slight protective layer.
4. Fill up with toys, shoes, or whatever you need!





1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Mod Podge!!!!!!!!!! But the stuff I try to make doesn't look nearly this cute. Hmph.

    ReplyDelete