Friday, January 29, 2010

Glitter Wreath (from Homemade by Jill)


My front door has been bare since we moved to Virginia over a year and a half ago. I saw this glitter wreath on Homemade by Jill and thought it would be fun to make, especially since I have never done any glittering and what girl DOESN'T like things that SPARKLE?!?


It was super easy to make.  The only thing I did different from Jill's tutorial was that after glittering I also sprayed the leaves with a sealer to help prevent excess glitter from glittering my front step.

Materials:
2 pieces of cardstock
3 or 4 colors of glitter (I like Martha Stewart  brand because it is really fine)
spray adhesive
wreath styrofoam ring
hot glue




2 comments:

  1. i saw this wreath on her blog and was thinking about making one myself. it looks really cute! i wish we still lived beside each other, we could be doing these crafts together:(
    holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love her website and hope to steal many ideas from her in the future when I have more time. Good job

    ReplyDelete