Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Gathered Headband

LOOK AT THIS CUTE HEADBAND.
I saw a cute gathered headband on someone's blog a while back but didn't save the link.  GRRR...Well, It has popped into my head a couple of times and I decided that I could come up with a pattern myself.

Here is the close-up.
I took awesome pictures of the whole process...more than I remember to usually take.  THEN MY CAMERA FLIPPED OUT AND I HAD TO REFORMAT THE MEMORY CARD AND LOST ALL OF THE PICTURES.

So, I guess the actual tutorial will have to wait until the next time I make one.  

If you are an experienced sewer, you can use the same basic concepts for making a crayon roll to make this but do two things different:
1. Make sure you attach a piece of ribbon to BOTH end of the headband so they will tie together at the base of your head.
2. Obviously don't add the pocket for the crayons.  Basically double the length of the top piece of fabric to allow for the extra fabric needed for gathering.

Sorry about the pictures.  I suspect I'll have the actual tutorial in the next two weeks because I really want to make another one already...

1 comment:

  1. cute headband! I did that reformatting thing once and didn't know what i did.....ooooo i was pissed.

    anyway i have a link party every monday for people that make thier own style. you should join us.

    ~L~
    avidaccents.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete