Monday, March 8, 2010

Quilts, Work, and Things

Several reasons for my absence over the last week.  
1. I have been working on getting a part-time job.  (I have a BS in Dental Hygiene, and since we are students, we need a little more money.)
2. I am making a quilt right now.  A girl on craigslist was looking for someone to make a Virginia Tech quilt for her.  Haha, I am getting PAID to quilt.  HOW AWESOME IS THAT?  It doesn't come out to much an hour, but I am getting paid to craft.  SWEET...that's all I have to say about that.  Will post pics when it is done.

Don't sweat it though.  I have something BIG coming.  I am super excited about it, but figure it will take me a week to do probably.  I am making a headboard for my bed.  Materials?  I got an interior door from the thrift store for, hold you breath, $1.  Awesome?  I KNOW!  The question is, what color do I paint it after I sand it down?  Our bedding is cream and maroon.  We also have a spread that is maroon, green, and marigold.  What do yall think?

1 comment:

  1. I think I can't wait to see pictures! Invite me to your new blog! christinecovey @ gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete